- Government subsidization of lobster fisheries has never been this sexy.
- Australia is dusty. Like 1,000-km-long-duststorm dusty.
- “Monkey Island” is pretty much as awesome as you think it is.
- Mannequins in Iran must now wear a hijab. I think God can probably tell the difference between a real person and one made of plastic with no genitals. But hell, that’s just me talking.
- The Soviets actually built a doomsday machine, a la Dr. Strangelove. It’s still working. Three cheers for forward thnking!
- Kalishnkov, makers of fine – but tragically easy to reproduce – assault rifles, is going bankrupt.
- Coolest. Bookstore. Ever.
- Highlander is being rebooted. Not to put too fine a point on it, but…THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE. And several sequels. I mean, Chrsit, it’s right there in the movie.
- Listen to Kurt Vonnegut read from Breakfast of Champions…three years before it was published. Better living through archival sound recordings.
- Kirk Cameron plans to distribute 50,000 copies of an “altered” version of The Origin of the Species in some bizarre attempt to subvert Darwin’s birthday. Remember when he was just a bad actor on a mediocre sitcom? Yeah, those were the days.