Alien bonanza Wednesday on Nunc Scio!

There's quite a bit of exciting extraterrestrial news on the interwebs today, so I thought I'd make a party of it. You know, a party where you read stuff. By yourself. First off, the National Archives of the United Kingdom have released 30 years of UFO-related documents. It's a collection of individual sightings and the government investigations, of everything from the notorious Rendlesham Forest Incident to a guy whol claimed he was best buddies with an alien named Algar who wanted to meet the PM. According to the documents, about 90 per cent of the cases were explained or dismissed as totally insane. That leaves about 10 per cent unexplained or 'credible'. Go here for the complete documents.

That unexplained decile fits in nicely with some new alien proclamations made by Vatican - yes, Vatican - astronomer  Rev. Jose Gabriel Funes:

"How can we rule out that life may have developed elsewhere? Just as we consider earthly creatures as 'a brother,' and 'sister,' why should we not talk about an 'extraterrestrial brother?' It would still be part of creation."

While this may somewhat complicate the whole "made in His image" thing, I am super excited to meet space Jesus. I reckon he's like regular Jesus, but with shinier pants.

Until then...keep watching the skiiiiis...I mean, skies. Keep watching the skies.