Vacation is over - time to get this link show back on the road. The world
- Australia's entire Navy goes on vacation. New Zealand spots its chance for invasion.
- Hugo Chavez wiretaps his political opponents and then broadcasts the recordings. If you're a dictator, and you're unashamed, clap your hands!
- President-Elect Barack Obama is not happy about giving up his Blackberry.
- Sarah Palin is getting $7 million to "write" a book about her vapid and uninteresting life story. I'm sure someone will buy it; I just can't imagine who.
Science and tech
- The oldest living polar bear (that we know about) has died at the Winnipeg Zoo. So long, Debby.
- The University of Toronto has a wicked awesome computer.
- Archaeologists in Israel have uncovered the remains of 12,000 year old witch doctor. And a 4,600 year old murdered family. And Lindsay Lohan's career. Hey-O!
- The Biggest Loser, UK pet edition..
- iO9 runs down the clues for the most pressing issue of our age: who is the final Cylon?
- iO9 also gives a shot-by-shot analysis of the new Trek trailer. Useful site, that iO9.\
- Michael Jackson is being sued by a prince. There was a time when that would have surprised me.
- Gabe and Max have a new set of fashion tips.
And, the worst headline of the day:
Supertanker Sirius Star hijacked by pirates fully loaded with crude oil. It must have been hard to hijack a supertanker while carrying all that oil. And where did they put it? Backpacks?