Sweet merciful heavens, it's Friday. To celebrate, links for all! Canada
- A big honkin' meteor may have lit up the skies over the Prairie Provinces yesterday. Comparisons to falling gas prices studiously avoided.
- Poverty costs Ontario taxpayers $13.1 billion a year. Let's fix this problem, people.
- Russia takes a bold new step towards authoritarianism.
- The grave of Nicolaus Copernicus, astronomer and visionary, has finally been found.
- Sarah Palin talks to the media...with turkeys being slaughtered in the background. A bit on the nose, don't you think?
Science & Tech
- A new species of Ebola has been discovered in Uganda. Right, because one virus that liquefies your innards wasn't enough.