- Tough financial times ahead for Alberta- to the tune of a $215 billion unfunded liability.
- Apparently, Canada's airports are now a hotbed of organized crime.
- Robert Mugabe says the Zimbabwe Cholera crisis is over. Somebody should tell South Africa.
- Enjoying cheap gas? Not if Vladimir Putin has anything to say about it.
- The Atheist Bus makes a stop in America. A good thing, too, since more Americans believe in Angels than in the Theory of Evolution.
- Rumours are swirling that Time Canada may get the axe. UPDATE: Rumour confirmed.
- Media Matters does a nice roundup of the dumbest things said by American right-wing pundits in 2008. Shocking. Truly shocking.
Science & Tech
- Over 1/5 of the world's coral reefs have been destroyed.
- A sense of justice may be hardwired into the human brain.
- Bored? Don't worry. It's just parts of your brain disconnecting.
- Firefox now supports multitouch gestures. Gentlemen, start your MacBooks.
- Water vapour has been discovered on a planet outside our Solar System.
- Memo to actors: make sure your prop knife is actually a prop knife, so you don't cut yourself open onstage.
- Debate of the century: three food critics discuss the future of the cookie.
- The new Muppet Christmas special airs December 17 on NBC.
- Somebody please buy me this shirt.
- Flooded Venice is offering deep discounts on hotels. Rubber boots included.
- Explore the ships of the new Star Trek movie.