- Ottawa's answer to economic downturn: shipbuilding! No word of a lie, Elvis Costello wrote a song warning us against exactly this.
- Conrad Black seems to like Ignatieff. Perhaps not the best endorsement, but there you go.
- Thousands protest the imprisonment of the shoe-throwing journalist.
- Sarah Palin's crazy church was badly damaged by fire. Officials suspect arson. Really? You think?
- The Clinton's beloved cat, Boots, is at death's door.
- The Guardian declares a "Victory for Irony" as a spurious libel suit by Elton John is defeated.
Science & Tech
- The US Air Force fires its first airborne laser. That's right, a frickin' laser.
- Over 400 crocodiles are living in a Florida nuclear power plant. Teenage mutant ninja turtles may soon have competition.