- Everyone is trying to figure out a why a gondola tower collapsed at Whistler.
- Most world conflict was caused by ideological differences in 2008. Good thing this is a non-partisan blog.
- Nude models go on strike in Paris over a new anti-tipping law- naked. And brother, it's cold in Paris right now.
- Surprising exactly no one, Time Magazine chooses Barack Obama as Man of The Year.
- Canada is a leading source of spam. High five!
- Keith Olbermann does the best roundup of Bush-Dodging-Shoe comedy. At least that I've seen.
- Sign of the times: The American Society of Newspaper Editors is dropping "paper" from its name.
- Slate has released its Top Ten Stories list for 2008.
Science & Tech
- Dolphin stampede!
- Steve Jobs will skip this year's MacWorld. And, Apple will be skipping Macworld always, starting next year.
- One analyst predicts an Apple Netbook is nigh. Fanboys: start lining up now.
- Scientists in Peru have uncovered a new lost city, a kind of missing link between the Wari and Moche cultures. Mmm. Moche.
- Always wanted to smell like a hamburger? Burger King's new perfume may be just what you're looking for.
- Outlander, the movie where Vikings fight aliens, is finally getting a North American release.
- BBC and Fox team up to produce the sci-fi drama Defying Gravity. It's a brave new world.
- Samurai underpants!
- The upcoming BSG movie is everything you've already seen...but from the Cylon perspective. Also, it may explain why they love repetitive single-note piano music.