So, it's snowing or something. Shockingly, things continue to happen around the world. Canada
- Whistler apparently received advanced warning of safety problems with its gondola system.
- Harper's 'fiscal conservatism' apparently also includes a $30 billion deficit.
- Mats Sundin moves to Vancouver. Enjoy the rain, ye of perennial disappointment.
- Mark Felt, aka Deep Throat, aaka the man who brought down Nixon, died yesterday.
- The Taliban has blown up a shipment of Turkeys destined for British troops. They're like the Grinch, but with more RPGs.
- Ankey, Iowa is using garlic salt to remove ice from its roads.
- Evil bastard Colonel Théoneste Bagosora, one of the architects of the Rwandan Genocide, has been jailed for life.
- A Catholic Priest in Kansas City has removed every book about Barack Obama from his school's library because of his opinion on abortion. Remember kidsL organized relgion loves censorship.
- The last statue of dictator Francisco Franco has been removed from Spain.
- The $54 million lawsuit over a missing pair of pants has been rejected...again.
- Twitter launches two unrelated, but strangely complementary, apps: Tweetmas, allowing you to send Christmas lists to your friends, and Twitpay, a micro-payment utility.
- BBC's iPlayer is now available for Mac.
Science & Tech
- The Arctic ice meltdown is 20 years ahead of current climate change models. That can't be good.
- New footballs to be equipped with sensors to help refs make better calls.
- An otherwise healthy hippo has turned bright pink, apparently overnight.
- The universe's oldest known water vapor has been discovered.
- Majel Barrett Roddenberry, first lady of Star Trek, has died. The Enterprise's computers have fallen silent.
- Oliver Twist was a sham! Victorian Workhouse gruel was actually quite nourishing.
- Baz Luhrmann buys the rights to "The Great Gatsby".
- Tron 2 will be shot is 3D. Hawt!
- Royal Canadian Air Farce, the least funny show on television, is mercifully taping its last episode.
- Gawker has decreed it is no longer cool to use the word "Douchbag".
- Help select the 100 greatest Looney Tunes.