- Growing fears about Chinese espionage force a Canadian citizen out of her public service job (Thanks, MN).
- 2008 is shaping up to be the first nation-wide white Christmas since 1971.
- Farewell, buck-a-bottle beer.
- Attendance at Chruch of England services is expected to fall from 1 million to 88,000 by 2050.
- The shoe-throwing Iraqi journalist was apparently savagely beaten, then forced to apologize.
- For the first time in history, model kits of Nazi airplanes are outselling British and American ones.
- The USA is finally, FINALLY, getting tough with Robert Mugabe.
- Iran closes human rights centres. Well, at least they're being honest.
- Stray dog wounded in Mumbai attacks is on the mend, has also become a symbol of hope. Just like that pig that survived the China earthquake.
- The Times of London is going back to a broadsheet format...at least on the weekends.
- A survivor of the Continental Airlines crash in Denver somehow managed to update Twitter while fleeing the burning aircraft. His tweet: holy f**king s**t.
- Warner walks away from YouTube after contract talks fall apart. No more authorized Rod Stewart videos for us!
- The Huffington Post is catching flack for stealing content. Little do people realize that the blogosphere is powered by theft.
Science & Tech
- The world's first designer baby will soon be born in the UK.
- Why not spend the winter solstice in one of Canada's "dark sky reserves"?
- Carbonate found on Mars. Carbonite - and Han Solo - remain elusive.
- For the awkward post-coital disorder file: the condition that makes you sneeze uncontrollably after orgasm.