Sorry about the intermittant posting, folks. You know, the 'holidays' and all. But here's what I've found for you today. Canada
- Ontario takes top honours for Nanny State-of-the-year.
- Canadian soldiers are being investigated for "improper conduct" in death of suspected insurgent.
- New Year's celebrations in much of the Arab world have been canceled to show solidarity with Gaza.
- Women in Naples go on a sex strike to keep their men away from illegal fireworks. Wait, what?
- John Maynard Keynes is so hot right now. Even the Financial Times thinks so.
- 62 journalists died in 2008.
- Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central and 16 other channels will go off the air if Viacom can't reach a deal with Time Warner Cable. Fine with me, since I can only watch the lame Canadian equivalents anyway.
Science & Tech
- Apple's iWork software is going cloud. Makes sense, especially if they launch this.
- Why sleeping late totally rules.
- Now you can text message on nuclear submarines. OMG.
- Jack Kerouac's vaguely inspirational, almost incomprehensible New Year's resolutions.
- Finally: Flickr re-enactments of Far Side cartoons.