- And again, Canada remains totally awesome at hockey.
- A major union seeks to ban Israeli academics at Ontario universities, struggles to remember definition of "academic freedom".
- If you're the parent of a four-year-old with anger issues, for the love of God, lock up your shotgun.
- US Army goes after disaffected urban youth with kickass mall arcade.
- Bush tries to compensate for eight years of environmental thuggery by creating a new ocean conservation area.
- Oh, and he also released a book highlighting his "accomplishments and results" over the past eight years. It's a quick read.
- Iran takes national insanity to a new level as 70,000 volunteer for suicide attacks against Israel.
- Time Warner is pulling the plug on community access television in California. Somewhere, George Newman is weeping.
- Britney, Obama among victims of Twitterhack '09.
- French TV goes commerical-free in primetime.
Science & Tech
- Wired presents its top 10 scientific breakthroughs of 2008. Mmm. Petaflop.
- Another prairie meteor?
- The Milky Way will crash into the Andromeda Galaxy sooner than thought. Don't worry too much about it: we still have a cool 7 billion years or so.
- Titanium golf clubs may be causing hearing damage. Power drive!
- Pink Iguanas give Evolution another boost. Not that it needed it, but still.
- A buried Spanish Galleon has been discovered in an Argentinian construction site.
- The diaries of Capt. Woodes Rogers, explorer and rescuer of the real Robinson Crusoe, have been found.
- A 1970 issue of Cracked magazine predicts the future. Damn prophetical satirists. This is why I read Mad.
- New adult film/creature-feature mashup Cleavagefield features clothes-eating flying lobsters. No, really.