- CNN medical reporter Sanjay Gupta is the new Surgeon General of the United States. Imagine...trading the limelight for dour warnings on cigarette boxes.
- Danger Blog offers some sober insight into Israeli use of white phosphorous munitions in Gaza.
- The UK's Atheist Bus Campaign has raised so much money, it's going global.
- Nigerian motorcyclists are wearing pumpkins on their heads to evade a mandatory helmet law. Hilarious, until you run into a car.
- The NYT deathwatch has started. And, it may not be so bad. In the long term, of course.
- Revealed! The US Air Force's remarkably unhelpful dealing-with-bloggers flowchart.
Science & Tech
- Check out Obama's sweet new presidential ride.
- UFO season starts early in New Jersey.
- What it feels like to die in a black hole. Hint: it's called bifurcating spaghettification.
- In an incredibly gross experiment, researchers determine love actually changes your sense of smell.
- Here's a sneak peek of Battlestar 4.5. Glooooomy.
- Jalopnik presentes the world's funniest street signs.
- Val Kilmer stars in a new movie where global warming unleashes an alien virus. Aaaah! Val Kilmer!
- The inventor of the Hawaiian shirt has died.
- New Romero zombie flick. Let's hope ...Of The Dead is better than the last one.
- Most. Em-bare-ass-ing. Ski trip. Ever.
- Stooges guitarist Ron Asherton was found dead yesterday.
- Sci-Fi Wire remembers the strangest comicbook crossovers. Like this one, that I actually owned: