- Union boss apologizes for comparing Israel to Nazi Germany. You had to know that wouldn't go over well.
- The evacuation of Canadians from Gaza is now underway.
- Be the first on your street to own the official US Government "Terrorist-a-Day" calendar.
- Here's some good environmental news for a change- sea ice has recovered to 1979 levels.
- New stealth jet? Yeah, not so much.
- Police in Sydney are on the look out for a 'blow-up doll bandit'. This story is actually grosser than you are currently imagining.
- The Onion's excellent A.V. Club now has a shiny Twitter feed.
- SCI-FI Wire rounds up some cool sci-fi Twitter feeds of their own.
- French TV airs photos of alleged victims of Israel airstrikes. Only problem is, they're actually photos of people killed by Hamas in 2005. Nice one.
Science & Tech
- Ever wonder how giant flying dinosaurs got off the ground? Wonder no more.
- A new study suggests Stonehedge was the perfect venue for a totally bumpin' rave.
- Hundreds of birds - inlcuding rare pelicans - are dying off the coast of California.
- Own the Cloverfield Monster.
- Welcome to Lily Dale, NY...the world's largest spiritualist community.
- Novels written on cell phones are the new hotness in Japan.
- The guy (yes, guy) who created Barbie was a freaky swinger.
- Mickey Rourke and Sam Rockwell are villains in Iron Man 2.
- Disney is making a prequel to 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. I hope they call it "Li'l Nemo".
- New Judge Dredd movie! I hope the plot involves the new JD hunting down and executing Sylvester Stallone for making the horrendous 1995 film.