- Mel Lastman has no regrets over calling in the army to clear snow 10 years ago.
- Start saving your nickels: Loblaws begins charging for plastic bags today.
- The most anxious moment of Bush's presidency: when he threw out the first pitch at the 2001 World Series. Really, Bush? Really? 9/11AfghanistanIraqEconomy didn't worry you a little?
- Joe the Plumber sends his first report from Israel. Major insight" "I'm sure they take quick showers." Once a plumber, always a plumber I guess.
- More than 70 people were killed by lighting in Brazil during 2008.
- Prince Harry still clings to title of "Most Culturally Insensitive Royal".
- Best. Job. Ever.
- US-based airlines celebrate the first ever two-year run without a fatality. Wait...only two years?
- Piracy doesn't pay. Well, it does, provided you don't drown while celebrating.
- Bono now has a New York Times column. Win?
- We now have confirmation of the first couple to meet, fall in love and get married thanks to Gawker.
- Stuff Journalists Like.
Science & Tech
- Are there pyramids in Bosnia?
- The UK unveils its new Fungus Protection Strategy.
- Apparently, smart men have better sperm.
- A couple just got married at Taco Bell. The kicker: they did it in Normal, Illinois.
- Apparently, Superman creator Joe Shuster also did kinky bondage comics. Man of Steel, indeed. (NSFW)
- British man to cross Europe and Africa in a dune buggy. That flies.
- Danny Elfman is writing the music for the new Terminator flick.