- Vancouver needs $438 million to finish the Olympic Village. Uh oh.
- The CBC is being sued by a woman disqualified from The Next Great Prime Minister.
- Dramatic photos of a helicopter crash on the Texas A&M campus.
- Remote-controlled helicopters are being used to smuggle contraband into at least one UK prison.
- A baby was born in England...two days after the mother died.
- On January 13, 1942, the ejector seat was first used in an emergency situation.
- The remains of 1,800 Germans, possibly killed by the Red Army, found in Poland.
- More evidence that Joe the Plumber is pretty much the worst journalist ever.
- Murdered Sri Lankan editor fingers murderers from beyond the grave.
Science & Tech
- At last: bird diapers.
- The Star Wars galaxy, mapped. Finally, I'll stop taking a wrong turn at Sluis Van and ending up in Wild Space.
- Warner Bros. and Fox are reportedly close to a deal on the Watchmen movie. Please, oh please, let this movie come out.
- Ironic moustaches are dangerously close to obliterating the earnest moustache.
- X-Men Noir takes the super-mutants into the gritty 1930s.
- Sam Rockwell's Moon looks really good.
- Rhona Mitra as Catwoman? Yes, please.
- Ricky Henderson strikes a blow for fans of speaking in the third-person everywhere.
- Ben & Jerry's celebrates the Obama presidency with a new flavour: Yes, PeCan. And, if you're thirsty, you can get some Obama bottled water in LA.
- Mmmm: beef jerky made from alien-abducted cows.