- Apparently, people still fall for email scams. I mean, I'm sorry this kid lost $150,000, but c'mon.
- An Australian submarine commander suggests women in bikinis might help solve a recruitment crisis. Hey presto, you just sank your career.
- 90 years ago today, Boston was beset by a flood of molasses. Sounds funny, except it was really awful. Drowning in syrup = a rotten way to die.
- Be sure to watch Bush's farewell address tonight. I'm hoping he'll finally answer, after all these years, exactly what he was thinking.
- Six minutes of Polish porn was accidentally broadcast on Hamas TV last night. That technician is in all kinds of trouble.
- Michael Moore is being sued for stealing a photograph, then misreprenting it on his website. Jerk.
- The Pentagon has a brand new, freaky science webcast. Mmmm. Explodey.
- Researchers expend hard-won grant money to determine that people flirt on Facebook. Well done, Einstein.
- A Russian oligarch will soon own London's Evening Standard.
Science & Tech
- Northrop unveils its B-2 stealth bomber-themed motorcycle. But is it invisible to speed radar?
- Steve Jobs will leave Apple for six months, due to health reasons.
- The top five best bets for life in the Solar System.
- Drinking coffee may increase your risk of hallucination. I keep trying to explain this to the giant turtle sitting next to my French Press, but he's having none of it.
- Khan is dead. For real this time. We'll miss you, Ricardo.
- Surest sign of career death: Harrison Ford is doing a movie with Brendan Fraser.
- Star Wars, as retold by someone who hasn't seen it.