Sorry about the delay in posting today, folks. Last night's power outage and consequent Internet chaos has derailed my blogging schedule. But, better late than never.
- We're barely halfway through January, and we already have the hero of the year.
- PETA attempts to rename fish as "sea kittens" to stop people from eating them. Little do they know, I also eat kittens.
- A bus driver in Southampton refuses to operate a bus carrying an Atheist ad.
- A coffee company has chosen an odd slogan: the former motto of Nazi concentration cap Buchenwald.
Science & Tech
- Handy new iPhone death calculates your odds of dying at a given location.
- Why not visit one of the former USSR's atomic (and highly radioactive) lighthouses?
- Firehose + missile launcher = badass.
- Dude. Mars totally farted.
- Our universe may, in fact, be a giant hologram.
- The Watchmen lawsuit has been settled, and the film will be released as planned. Hallelujah!
- Was Jack the Ripper a woman?
- The Zombie-Nazis from Dead Snow are also selling hot chocolate in Norway.
- The most disgusting cheese in the world. Bonus: maggots attempting to eat your eyes.
- Keanu Reeves to star in a live-action version of Cowboy Bebop?
- Boy George is going to jail.
- Ron D. Moore wrote a prequel to John Carpenter's The Thing? Awesome!
- DVICE claims the Battlestar Galactica would defeat the Enterprise in battle. Lies!
- Radio stations are a bit confused about handling Britney's new single: "F.U.C.K Me".
- The BSG prop auction has begun.
- Steven Tyler is a creepy, creepy man.
- British wine snob calls beer drinkers "loser and sadsacks." SO getting punched.
- Steve Carrell is now the proud owner of a small-town general store.