- Some genius parent is trying to ban A Handmaid's Tale from Toronto schools.
- Days after inking a ceasefire with Israel, Hamas says they will continue to rearm. Bonus: they call weapons "holy".
- An Australian man has been sentenced to prison for insulting the king of Thailand...in a book that sold seven copies.
- Hero Miracle-on-the-Hudson pilot wins an invite to Obama inauguration.
- Today in globalization: Starbucks brews its first Chinese coffee bean.
- Two-thirds of Americans now see Bush's presidency as a failure. You voted for him, geniuses.
- A team of explorers, descended from hardcore Antarctic survivalist Ernest Shackleton, have reached the South Pole.
- Meet the British soldier who rescues dogs from the fighting in Afghanistan.
- Pro-life group slams Krispy Kreme for supporting abortion...with free donuts on inauguration day. Wait, what? (Thanks, AF)
- The Atheist Bus Campaign has been banned in Rome. Fair enough...that's like God central.
- Over 2,200 people have died from Cholera in Zimbabwe.
- Human wasteland teen assaults, throws taco at mother after she unplugs his xBox.
Science & Tech
- Watch simulated footage of the Flight 1549 crash landing on the Hudson.
- The smallest-known extra-solar planet is almost the same size as Earth.
- Wealthy men apparently give their partners more orgasms. I'm trying to determine if this study was sponsored by the Wealthy Men of America Club.
- A vivid reminder that being an astronaut can really, really suck.
- Mmmm. Stellar cannibalism.
- Top Gear's "The Stig" revealed! Maybe!
- This hurts.
- The Arizona Cardinals and my beloved Pittsburgh Steelers will meet in Super Bowl XLIII.
- Yes, there has been another Halo wedding.
- Tycho Brahe had a pet drunken moose. And a gold nose. Best. Astronomer. Ever.
- Recession-strapped Los Angelinos are hosting porn shoots in their homes to make ends meet.
- The Gorilla Man has died.
- Looks like Isaac Asimov's seminal Foundation Trilogy is finally getting the film treatment.
- Finally: an analysis of how gravity works in Super Mario Bros.
- Looking for inauguration accomodations in D.C.? A local nudist club can help you out, provided you leave your pants at the door.