Apparently some guy is doing something in the United States today. But other stuff is happening too, I swear. Canada
- William Ayers, former radical-turned-academic and cause celebre for Republicans, was denied entry into Canada.
- Barack Obama's inauguration speech was written by a 27-year-old at a Starbucks. That's it. I've wasted my life.
- A prominent Russian human rights lawyer was gunned down in Moscow yesterday. Listen guys, we get it. You're an autocracy. You don't need to keep reminding us.
- Dick Cheney hurt his back moving, and will spend the inauguration in a wheelchair. Wait a second...the VP has to move himself? Harsh.
- For some reason, Chile's Interior Minister posted a photo of herself in the shower on Facebook. This is what happens when people don't understand the Internet.
- Detroit tore down some guy's house without telling him about it.
- The plane that crashed in the Hudson had an engine failure incident two days before the accident. Perhaps a bit too quick to blame the geese, were we?
- Good news! One of President Bush's staffers got a job managing an Abercrombie & Fitch. Cue the lone trombonist.
- Someone in Germany is putting Photoshop palette stickers on ads featuring beautiful (photoshopped) women. Well struck.
- Here's a snappy video featuring 23 facts about the Inauguration.
Science & Tech
- Forget Obama's limo. The Presidential Motorcade's SUVs pack some serious heat.
- Will Obama's inauguration melt down the cell phone network? We'll find out soon.
- Someecards presents a thoughtful collection of Inauguration-themed cards.
- Obama's Inauguration, Lego-style.
- Well, it finally happened. Star Wars Yoga for all your geeky stretchin needs.
- Bob May, the man behind the Lost in Space robot, has died.
- The Cowboys and Aliens movie is shaping up nicely. And in case you were wondering, aliens fighting cowboys is awesome.
- And I thought I liked school: man earns 27 university degrees.
- The full-sized Raptor, Viper and Cylon Raider failed to sell at the BSG Prop Auction.