- Barack Obama has shut down the CIA's network of ghost prisons. To be clear, this is not like when that jerk from the EPA shut down the ghost containment grid in Ghostbusters, and all Hell literally broke loose.
- Fidel Castro admits he may not be long for this world.
- A Texas highschool girls basketball team wins game 100-0. The kicker: their opponents were from a school for people with "learning differences". Ah, sportsmanship.
- I am sure this person did not mean to suggest the Obamas do what she said they do. But still, funny.
- Wired gets hoaxed with another "Steve Jobs is Dead" story.
- Russian hackers totally punk Kyrgyzstan.
- Diane Sawyer is totally wasted. On the air (thanks MN).
Science & Tech
- Finally: flying cars.
- New carbon material may allow NASA to construct a space elevator. High fives, Arthur C. Clarke!
- A competition sponsored by the Royal Society of Chemistry solves an age-old question: how did Michael Caine get the gold off the bus at the end of The Italian Job?
- Human trials begin on technique to repair spinal damage using stem cells.
- Scientists want to dig up Galileo's corpse and give him an eye exam.
- Civil War soldiers reveal the mysteries of friendship.
- Think Peak Oil is scary? Wait until you read about Peak Water.