- A ship, carryiing 300, is stuck in the St. Lawrence River ice.
- A California women gives birth to eight children. Nature apparently shocked, violated.
- A New Zealand man allegedly finds US Troop date on a second-hand Mp3 player.
- Israel is employing 8 antelopes in their war on terror.
- Witchdoctors in Tanzania defy a government ban on the sale of Albino parts. Wait, what?
- Texas creationists get kicked to the curb.
Science & Tech
- A truck-mounted laser actually shoots something down. Dr. Evil is delighted.
- A gynandromorphic Cardinal (that means two-coloured).
- New species of carnivorous sea squirt looks kind of like a condom stuffed into a drinking straw. Nature is gross.
- Neil Gaiman wins the Newberry Medal for The Graveyard Book.
- Gene Roddenberry and Majel Barrett Roddenberry will be together forever...in space.
- The Guardian lists their top 100 sci-fi and fantasy novels. Pretty comprehensive.
- Further signs of the apocalypse: Thriller, the musical.
- Microsoft Songsmith destroys music.
- John Carpenter's The Thing, reenacted entirely with GI Joes. The Eurobeats are an added bonus.
- 1970s sci-fi...muralized.
- Because you asked for it: get ready for 3D porn.