- Maybe the Chalk River Nuclear Plant should have stayed closed after all.
- The factory at the heart of the salmonella peanut butter crisis tested positive for the bacteria 12 times. And nothing happened. The system...works?
- Sarah Palin takes her first tentative steps towards a spectacular flameout in the 2012 Presidential Election.
- Seven people in Japan are sickened after eating poison blowfish testicles. Balls.
- This is how I want to die.
- Retro-media-cool: The Printed Blog launches in Chicago.
Science & Tech
- Environmentalists are upset over plans by the US Navy to use dolphins as security guards at nuclear submarine bases. What they fail to realize is that dolphin guards are totally awesome.
- High-res space shuttle cockpit photos make me glad my Volkswagen isn't so bat-shazbot crazy complicated.
- All you aspiring concert cellists can relax: there is no such thing as "Cello Scrotum". Good hoax, though.
- Boat Porn: The HMS Daring.
- Meet the grandaddy of all life on Earth. It's gooey!
- Group of scientists on the theory that Josef Mengele is responsible for a town of twins in Brazil: not so much.
- If the current icemelt continues, Emperor Penguins will be extinct in 100 years.
- Totally awesome concept art for a World War Z movie makes me really, really hope this film gets made.
- NBC has green-lit a new post-apocalyptic drama Day One.
- Anybody who reads, writes for, or comments on the awful blog "Dating A Banker Anonymous" is exactly the kind of person who makes me wish I were gay.
- Jessica Alba wrecks Bill O'Reilly in a battle of wits. All that, and beauty too.
- i09 takes you inside the BSG writer's room.
- John Updike, RIP.
- This movie had me at the title: War Monkeys.
- Daniel Craig will play the villain in the new Tintin movie.
- Terrell Owens gets his own reality show. Great. Now we can watch him be an arrogant ass at home.