Sorry 'bout the late arrival, folks. You know, work and junk. Canada
- Daniel Woolf is the new Principal of Queen's University.
- Swiss authorities mull fines to discourage nude hiking.
- A Detroit reporter found a dead body encased in ice in an old freight elevator. With disturbing photo!
- Slapstick in real life: New Zealand edition. And now, with video!
- The US Army is recalling 16,000 sets of faulty body armour. Way to boost morale, guys.
- The US has launched an under-publicized War on Cheese.
- Here are some absolutely gourgeous aerial photos of London.
- A CIA chief in Algeria is under investigation for rape. Way to win those hearts and minds, guys.
Science & Tech
- Locusts love the sweet, sweet seratonin.
- The good news: a comet did not kill the Mammoths. Bad news: this somehow means we will all die in horrible brushfires.
- Water-powered jetpack is pretty much the coolest thing ever.
- That's one big Gatling Gun.
- Was Nessie invented by an Italian?
- Get your 3D Star Wars Kites!
- Uh oh. The Thriller musical just hit a big, John Landis-shaped snag.
- Check out this list of amazing coincidences. I'm skeptical of a few, by the James Dean Death Car Curse is pretty fascinating.
- KFC starts a BSG promotiong, misapprehends the meaning of "Frak". Backpedalling ensues.
- Handy flowchart makes writing a Star Trek: TOS easier than ever!
- The final Watchmen poster is out. And it's hawt.
- Nature filmmaker Sir David Attenborough gets hate mail for "not crediting God".
- Colbert gets it: "Watching the Super Bowl without a plate of chicken wings is like making love without a plate of chicken wings."
- Want to hear Werner Herzog talk about making a movie in Antarctica? Wish granted.
- Stan Lee is getting sued for lying about the profitability of his characters.
- Mmm. Bacon explosion.
- New sitcom brings together a vampire, werewolf and ghost under one roof. Worst. Show. Ever.