All is right with the world, as the Pittsburgh Steelers win their sixth Superbowl. Best team ever? You bet. Oh, and some other stuff happened too.
- A German architect has found a perfectly preserved 1988 apartment filled with Soviet-era products...exactly as it was when the original occupant fled the Stasi.
- The survivors of Flight 1549 have been bumped up to "Super-Elite" passenger status for the rest of the year. Hey, great. All you need to do to get good service is have your plane land in the Hudson River.
- Worst. ATM. Ever.
- Politicians in Alaska rightly question if Sarah Palin is 100 per cent focused on being the governor.
- 4,000 women are seeking public office in Iraq. That's encouraging.
- Remember that octuplet story from last week? Yeah. It's starting to get weird.
- A 128-year-old woman has been found in Uzbeckistan.
- A boy in Nevada gets the best Christmas present ever...his dad, back from Iraq.
Science & Tech
- Archaeologists think they may have found the wreck of the HMS Victory. Not Nelson's, the one before it.
- An extinct Ibex is now back, thanks to cloning.
- Bruce Springsteen's savage crotch-slam on a hapless Superbowl cameraman...on tape!
- All the Superbowl movie trailers worth watching: Star Trek, Monsters vs. Aliens, Transformers 2, Land of the Lost, and GI Joe. You'll note I left off The Fast and the Furious 4.
- A Toledo cable station managed to spice up the Superbowl with some inexplicable porn.
- Finally, some up-close shots of the Motorcylce Terminators from Terminator: Salvation. And some pretty concept art to go with it.