- Throwing shoes is now officially the new political hotness.
- A skydiver survives after his instructor - who he was strapped to - dies of a heart attack in mid-air.
- Man arrested for smuggling pigeons in his pants. No, that is not a euphemism.
- The Pittsburgh Steelers, aka awesomest team ever, will be honoured with a parade in Pittsburgh today.
- The ignominious end of Flight 1549: towed through New Jersey on a flatbed truck.
- Venezuela "celebrates" 10 years of Hugo Chavez. Yeah, good work there guys.
- Pajamas Media, the outlet that sent Joe the Plumber to Israel as a "journalist", has mercifully folded.
Science & Tech
- Meet the printer that uses old coffee grinds for ink. Lettering is alert, focused, and slightly jittery.
- Four Toronto students "called" the International Space Station with a radio they built themselves. I, on the other hand, have a hard time working my blender.
- Christian Bale has an epic freak-out on the set of Terminator: Salvation. Listen or read.
- The heart-warming story of an Iraqi heavy metal band that escaped their war-torn country, moved to New Jersey, met Metallica, and rocked the Hell out.
- The inventor of Playmobil, Hans Beck, has died.
- Steve Martin: a survivor.
- Soviet LOL Cats are stern, unyielding in their defense of communism.