- Jack Layton urges a "Buy Canadian" policy in response to the USA's proposed "Buy American" clause. Unfortunately, he has failed to realize that we cannot live on lumber, crude oil and doughnuts alone.
- Everyone loves a good ol' fashioned trade war. Get my Tariff out, Ma. The EU is in the backyard again.
- Airport jousting is apparently the hot new thing in Scotland.
- Aeroflot passenger concerns over a potentially drunk pilot elicits worst PR statement ever: "Really, all he has to do is press a button and the plane flies itself. The worst that could happen is he'll trip over something in the cockpit."
- Joe the Plumber is apparently now also a Republican strategy consultant. Desperate, much?
- CBC broadcaster Russ Germain died yesterday. He will be missed.
Science & Tech
- A very unusual - and nudity-crammed - pagan mosaic has been found beneath the floor of an Italian church.
- Take this super scientific Geek Social Aptitude Test. In a similar vein, MGK usefully classifies various phyla of nerdom by intensity.
- Dakota Fanning has spent approximately 1/3 of her life working on Coraline.
- Stephen Fry stuck in an elevator!
- A sequel to Donnie Darko is apparently in the works.
- A new website helpfully rates all those headset-wearing ladies cropping up in spam email and low-budget webpages.
- Times of stress (like, say, a global recession) make grammar nerds extra aggressive. Guard you apostrophes.
- Shark Tea Infuser adds a little fun to a rather stuffy beverage.