- Ontario premier Dalton McGuinty wants to create a "creative economy". More pie-in-the-sky, anyone?
- A South Korean woman is preparing for her 772nd attempt at passing her driver's test.
- Rats are eating cars in Washington, DC.
- The presence of bird remains have been confirmed in both engines of US Airways 1549.
- Al Qaeda uses rape to "recruit" female suicide bombers. Anyone who follows these bastards should be shot on sight.
- Are authorities finally getting close to solving the 1982 Tylenol murders?
- New evidence suggests Nazi war criminal Aribert Heim, aka Dr. Death, died in Cairo in 1992. After converting to Islam.
- Bill Gates released a swarm of mosquitoes on a crowd of unexpecting TED talkers. Ah, crazy rich people. You so craaaazy.
- Apostrophes and class war. Only in England.
- 109 Journalists died in 2008.
- Former Guns N' Roses member Duff McKagan is now a financial columnist for Playboy. And we wonder why we're in a financial crisis.
Science & Tech
- A boy was born yesterday with 24 perfectly formed fingers and toes- an extra digit on each hand and foot. If this dude runs into Inigo Montoya, he should just run.
- Researchers are exploring why humans do stupid, herd-like things...like supporting murderous dictators.
- "There's snakes out here this biiiiiig?"
- Stephen King flames Twilight author Stephenie Meyer, despite eerie similarity between their first names.
- This full-size Warthog recreation makes me really wish someone was still making the Halo movie.
- Lux Interior, lead singer of epic band The Cramps, died yesterday.
- Watch the new Watchmen viral, explaining the ins and outs of the superhero-banning Keene Act.
- I think I'm in love.
- Motorized chariot races! Why are we just coming up with this now?
- Kanye West's entourage look like aliens from beyond the moon.
- Coke is finally removing "Classic" from their labels, assuming everyone has forgotten about "New Coke". I haven't.
- Join this church, and get a T-Shirt that proudly proclaims how sexually repressed and no-fun you are.
- Looking for something a little different the Valentine's Day? Why not a hunting trip with the Nuge?
- Neil Gaiman will be in Toronto - doing something currently mysterious - in June.
- A man robbed two convenience stores with a Bat'leth. Kupla!