- The brushfires in Australia are bad, bad news.
- A US soldier is reunited with the puppies he rescued in Afghanistan.
- Ann Coulter is under investigation for voter fraud, and for possibly being a sea serpent.
Science & Tech
- France's fighter planes have been grounded by the Conficker Worm.
- Smoking pot may, may cause testicular cancer.
- Clocks are getting scary accurate.
- Here's a cool - and highly zoomable - overhead view of an airplane graveyard.
- Did Michael Cera pull a Bale?
- The Woz is going to be on Dancing With the Stars. I smell spectacular failure.
- Rumor has it that the writers behind alien vs. viking film Outlander will be writing soldier vs. zombie film ZMD: Zombies of Mass Destruction. Hurray!
- Neil Gaiman shares his thoughts on buttons.
- Cool: the top ten most expensive comics. Not cool: I own none of them.
- James Whitmore, character actor and star of awesome giant ant movie Them!, died on Friday.