- It's official: none of the Romanovs escaped execution at the hands of Bolsheviks.
- A watchmaker scrawled a secret message inside Abraham Lincoln's watch, and the President never knew: "The first gun is fired. Slavery is dead. Thank God we have a President who at least will try." Speaking of Lincoln, a new photo of him may have been discovered.
- After 24 years, a statue of Colonel Sanders has been recovered from a river in Japan, after being tossed in by over-zealous baseball fans. Yes, you're reading that correctly.
- The Christian Science Monitor is predicting a massive collapse of evangelical Christianity in the United States. Aw, and they were so entertaining, too.
- Chuck Norris says he wants to be President...of a newly independent Texas. Scary times, people. Scary times.
- More mysterious booms, but this time in New York.
- The CRTC has just approved an all-obituary channel.
Science & Teach
- Predictably, Australians have developed a boomerang missile that cane be fired backwards.
- The Guardian has created an open content and data platform for third-party applications.
- A Rabbi has successfully conquered his fear of Nazis...by playing Call of Duty. See, I told you video games were good for something.
- Some wonderful people have rebuilt Lord Humongous' Car O' Death from The Road Warrior.
- Here's a useful "trilogy meter" that charts the progress of your favourite franchises.
- George Lucas has begun casting for his live action Star Wars TV show.
- Eddie Doyle, the real-life bartender who inspired Cheers has been laid off.