Happy St. Patrick's Day, Interwebs. May it be boozy and at least tangentially related to Ireland. World
- Russia is placing nuclear bombers in Cuba and Venezuela. Oh, hello, Cold War. How are you? Still crazy?
- Hybrid cars are no longer selling. Ah, human nature.
- A bus stop ad in The Netherlands displays the weight of the person sitting on the bench. Ah, the cruelty of the low countries.
Science & Tech
- Scientists have created the world's first anti-mosquito laser. Pew! Pew!
- WANT: The Nerf N-Force Thunder Fury sword.
- Scientists have discovered the world's smallest meat-eating dinosaur. Although really, at half the size of a cat, it's basically a glorified newt.
- The water level in Lake Michigan dropped one foot last year.
- Man uses Google Earth to find buildings with lead roofs. And then steal the lead.
- Matt Damon suggests there may be a fourth Bourne movie. Hurray!
- Watch a giant crab puppet explain Facebook to Patrick Duffy.
- You're a bad man, Chris Brown. The inevitable (?) Charlie Brown/Chris Brown mashup hits the web.
- Linda Hamilton is confirmed for Terminator: Salvation.
- The Sci-Fi Channel is changing its name to the SyFy Channel. Doesn't bother me...I don't get either.
- New trailer for Spike Jonze's Where The Wild Things Are will debut ahead of Monsters and Aliens.