- A refugee from Darfur was kicked out of the UK, then promptly murdered in Sudan. Good job, guys.
- Congrats to Martin Brodeur. The winningest goalie. Ever.
- The Pope is basically a giant dumbass. When it comes to AIDS, anyway.
Science & Tech
- The first bat in space. The first dead bat in space, that is.
- Chernobyl is still really, really contaminated. Surprise, surprise.
- Saturn is such a moon-whore.
- Extreme shepherding!
- That's one big pliosaur.
- The poster for Where the Wild Things Are is pretty freakin' cool.
- io9 gives us 25 better names for the recently re-branded Sci Fi Channel (it's now SyFy).
- The guy who wore the Darth Vader suit in the original trilogy is battling prostate cancer. Get better, David Prowse.
- And now, the sequel to Bruce Springsteen's hit song, "The Wrestler".... "One-Thinged Guy".
- Magnetic Fields is composing the music to the Coraline Musical!
- In case you missed it, here is Neil Gaiman on The Colbert Report.