- The Royal Canadian Navy just got its first female ship's captain.
- Somali pirates make a severe tactical error and hijack a ship filled with Americans. This will end with explosions.
- Football player becomes the first recorded recipient of a yellow card for "breaking wind".
- A Turkish news anchor somehow thought it was a good idea to do a report on Obama in blackface.
- Applications to journalism school are way up, despite the fact that newspapers are dropping like wingless Concords.
Science & Tech
- Women can actually smell your bad genes. But not your bad jeans.
- Super-rare megamouth shark caught, then eaten, by unwitting fishermen.
- Jackdaws are the only animals, other than man, that understand that eyes are the source of vision.