- Bike Thief is a dangerous profession, particularly in NYC. Here, rough justice is meted out by bands of UFC-styled cycling vigilantes.
Science & Tech
- Human fat - now more available than ever - can be reprogrammed to produce massive amounts of stem cells.
- Plate tectonics played a significant role in human evolution...and not just in the "hey, we shouldn't live where the ground shakes" way. Because, you know, people still live in Los Angeles.
- Fire ants make rafts out of their own bodies to save the queen during floods. I, for one, welcome our new insect overlords.
- Chuck Klosterman considers the new, remastered Beatles box set, out today.
- Knit beer sweaters for the offbeat drunken fashionista.
- They Might be Giants' new science album for kids keeps surprising me with awesomeness.
- WANT: Bladerunner t-shirts.
Headline of the Day
Yes, this is a story about birds. But c'mon. Somebody at the BBC had to know. And that person is now highly amused. And fired.